The Nexus S is a popular phone since it is a hybrid of Google and Samsung, both known for good electronics and software applications. It created a lot of excitement in the market when it was launched since it was the first smartphone to use the Gingerbread processor, which is the Android 2.3 OS back then. It was also the first Android supported smartphone to support NFC (Near Field Communication). The phone continues to receive positive reviews and increased sales because people enjoy its refreshing features.
If you have a Nexus S, but feel that Gingerbread is out for you now, you should be happy to find out that you can now upgrade your Nexus S and expand its horizon by installing the Jellybean 4.1 based Androxide Firmware.
Using a simple as process described below, you can now open up your Nexus S to limitless abilities on the latest Android OS. Remember, this is jailbreaking so if you are not an experienced user, please do not attempt this guide below :-
- This is a jailbreaking process so it is important to make sure that you have a backup of your files and important information so that you will have a solution if the process goes wrong. Make sure that no online updates are running on your handset when you start the process.
- Ensure that you fully charge your phone before starting the process because you may lose some information if it switches off in the middle of the process. You may also end up with corrupted files.
- Download a package of Jellybean 4.1 Androxide Firmware and a copy of Google Apps package and save them in your computer.
- Transfer the zip file into your Nexus with an original USB cable.
- Switch your phone to recovery mode by holding the volume up key as you hold the power button.
- Select recovery as you press the power button and wait for a warning triangle to appear.
- When it does, use the volume up button to select apply update from your saved file in the SD card. Choose both files and open them starting with the Androxide package.
- The installation will be automatic unless there are problems of which you are advised to start the process all over again.
- Once you install properly, go back and select reboot system. Switch off your phone, switch it on again, and check if everything is functioning properly.