It is now official that Samsung users who got their Galaxy Note II from Verizon will finally be able to update their devices to 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. By the way, iPhone also announced an update today, but the main difference here comes from the fact that Note’s update is far more major and anticipated than Apple’s.
Just look at the size of the update – 247MB! This should speak for itself! During the years we have seen many Android updates, but not much of them were this big in size. This can be considered as great news because Galaxy Note II users were anticipating this software release for a really long time. Probably the greatest feature included in this 4.1.2 version is the multi-window support for many different applications including Gmail, YouTube, Google Maps, Facebook, etc. According to some specialists who have managed to put their hands on 4.1.2 for Note II and test it, the Wi-Fi connectivity is also slightly improved. Another great add-on is the support of Samsung Smart Switch application (we talked about it in the previous article). The Notification panel has also been through some changes. However, at the bottom of this article we will do our best and post the whole change log.
Unfortunately you might not be one of the first lucky persons who will have the chance to download and install the update, but if you don’t feel like waiting, why don’t you check for it manually? This can be done following the path; Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates. We encourage you to try this, especially if your Note II has the “Verizon” logo somewhere on its panel! Feel free to post a comment as soon as you update your device.
Here is the promised change log:
Major device enhancements include:
- Download photos with the help of Enterprise Exchange email
- Download ringtones through VZTones (5.1.2v)
- Access downloaded languages on the Samsung keyboard
- Use Multi-Window tasking for applications as Google Talk, Google Maps, Twitter, Facebook, Amazon Kindle, Gmail,
- Filter the search in the phone book more accurately
- Now you have snooze switched on by default.
- Seamlessly transfer all your data from one device to another with the help and support of Samsung Smart Switch application
Some additional updates:
- A couple of Google Security patches
- IPV6 support added when using the Mobile Hotspot application
- Major Exchange email syncing improvements have been made
- Fixed the big text in S-Note when the phone is turned into landscape mode
- Fixed bug where duplicate calendar sync events with apps as Facebook might occur
- Back Up Assistant Plus∞ now supports a setting to select the auto-back up time
We are probably missing some updates, but it will take us a whole day if we have to count all of them. The update, as mentioned is too big, so we will be really happy if you hit a comment with something we’ve missed. Don’t forget to tell us when you update your Note II!